Megs in Calgary

All about me and my crazy experiences living and working in Calgary.

Monday, July 17, 2006

What I have learned in the past few weeks.

1. Why Men Are From Mars.




This book is almost cliche but I can't believe I didnt read it earlier in my dating life, like before I did the things I've done...

Girls and boys, drop what you're doing and sign out this book from your library. I swear you won't regret it.





2. That in my singledom, I am a homewrecker.






Me of all girls! hahahahaha




3. Sheep's wool is hard to clean and felt.

Mum bought some raw sheeps wool in Pictou to make little dolls with. It was my job to take the raw fibres, clean, dye them and then make them in to felt (called felting). It was hard and frustrating work. I think I am going to post my new felt creation on the wall in my new apt... when I find out where that place will be!


4. I suck at working out

MJ made me a super cool work-out plan. I suck at sticking to it. I try so hard but the day after my walking lunges, I always get a sore bum that prevents me from doing anything for 2-3 days. Its pathetic. I am still trying though.


5. Knitting dishclothes is fun.

And sometimes, they don't turn out as perfect squares...
Honestly, I do enjoy knitting them. They are very satisfying to look at when complete and are soo much better than machine made dishclothes. I've even found some super cool yarn colors. This may been a sign that I have been playing mother to my family for too long and need to get a job and move!


And last but not least...
6. I have found the secret to making SUPER delicious hard frosting flowers to decorate cakes with.

I tweaked the recipe in my cake decorating course book and came up with flowers that are better than candy... if you like sugar, haha.


*Blogger would only let me add the first 2 pics... sorry for all the text, maybe next time*

1 Comments:

  • At July 17, 2006 11:31 p.m., Blogger M-J said…

    Blogger would only let me post 2 pics too! I thought it was just being weird, so I still haven't blogged about summerslam. It will be on my xanga though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home