Safety scarves
Yum, last night we decided to go out for dessert. We had crepes, fancy ones with whipped cream, ice cream and chocolate sauce. Delicious, I have a pic, its just not on my camera. For any of you who watch the news and have seen the riots happening here in France, dont worry, I am not in danger in my city. Like usual, our North American news has exagerated the problem. It is a huge problem but its not like a civil war or anything. Since I live so far from everyone, they all walked me home after dessert last night. We walked by a bunch of loudmouth arab guys and then we saw a police car with 4 policemen holding their billy sticks, ready to attack. That made us feel better.
I dont really feel like I am in danger here but it does get annoying when the men yell at you all the time. Often when they hear us speaking English, they yell the one or two words they know in english. Last night, it was " forty-five, forty five, forty-five". Its really hard to keep a straight face and not let them know you hear them when they shout that over and over thinking they are being tough. One night when it was raining I discovered that the local yocals, didnt yell things to me. The reason for this was that it was raining and I put my scarf over my head, kind of Arab style to keep my hair dry. The only guy who yelled stuff at me was the one who got close enough to see that my skin was very white under the scarf. Now all us girls wear our scarfs over our heads when we're walking at night.
I dont really feel like I am in danger here but it does get annoying when the men yell at you all the time. Often when they hear us speaking English, they yell the one or two words they know in english. Last night, it was " forty-five, forty five, forty-five". Its really hard to keep a straight face and not let them know you hear them when they shout that over and over thinking they are being tough. One night when it was raining I discovered that the local yocals, didnt yell things to me. The reason for this was that it was raining and I put my scarf over my head, kind of Arab style to keep my hair dry. The only guy who yelled stuff at me was the one who got close enough to see that my skin was very white under the scarf. Now all us girls wear our scarfs over our heads when we're walking at night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home