Megs in Calgary

All about me and my crazy experiences living and working in Calgary.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Aloha

Last Monday I had the most random day of my summer. I came home from my lovely wilderness job, exhausted and ready to go to bed when I noticed that I had mail. I opened up the envelope and discovered that I had been accepted to McGill, and it was exactly 3 weeks before classes started. I forgot that I had applied to a post-BSc food science program. I also found out that a food company in Sussex had offered me a job. This was all 2 weeks before my lease with Val was supposed to start for Calgary.

It was way too late to change my plans and I really had my heart set on Calgary so thats where I will be on Sept 11! Woohoo sooo exciting.

My cake decorating classes are over but I still have this desire to make stuff, so today I made these placemats for the new apt. Im also working on some coasters, hehe.





Yesterday, Mum and I went to Moncton again, in search of a dress to wear to the wedding in Saskatoon at the beginning of Sept. I finally found one that wasnt black (its against the Prairie rules to wear black to weddings apparently). The dress is light blue and I love it. Ill put up some wedding pics later in Sept.

Friday night, Aimes and I went to see Step Up, hehe soo girly but soo good.

Well thats all I have to say for now. Tommorow will be the first of 6 days straight of 13 hr days. Its soo hot out there that I got my first ever foot tan. My face is so much more golden than it usually is that the lady at the Estee Lauder counter said that she was positive that I had a warm skin tone and I totally dont. This happened with SPF 45 on my face. Craziness

ooh and speaking of Estee Lauder, mum bought some skincare products and the lady at the counter gave us both the beauty bonus. $100 worth of free makeup, sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home