Part 4 Toussaint Trip -Florence
We spent the next few days touring the city. Monday morning everyone left except Pavrita and I. We really wanted to see the Uffizi galleries. We got up early after a wild night at a Halloween party at a club and headed straight to the museum only to see the world's second longest line (only to the Vatican museum). This line didnt move as quickly unfortunately and we waited from 8:15 until 10:50am. We were supposed to check out of the hostel by 11am so we were stressing and were forced to literally run the museum. It was huge but we were able to see everything in only 40 mins.
We saw:

Boticelli's La Primavera
My favorite painting! Gorgeous!!! It was massive, like the size of the whole wall. Alot of the Renaissance art was huge like that in fact. Again, no words can describe its beauty.

This is Venus, from Boticelli's "The Birth of Venus". She is so beautiful. He really knew how to paint women in all their glory. This whole museum really helped me appreciate the female form and how beautiful it is in all shapes and sizes, especially voluptuous, as all the women in Renaissance art are.
We also saw art by Raphael, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, DaVinci and others. This museum was definitely the highlight of my whole trip. The art was breathtaking and I felt moved after seeing it all. If you ever have the chance to go to Italy, you have to do Florence and have to do the Officio Galleria. We were really disappointed that we had so little time but did look at every painting and saved extra time for the extra special ones.
After that, we headed to the train station around noon. Pavrita left and I found out the next train to Nice, FR was not until midnight. I spent the next 12 hours bored out of my mind inthe train station. I saw many many strange people. I met some nice people on the way and a nun sat beside me at one point. Another time, in the booth beside mine on the train, a troup of gypseys sat down with all their children. They were wild and one kept loudly spanking her toddler. I wish I could have taken a picture of them. All I could think was how, in Canada, the day before for Halloween, there were probably people dressed up as gypseys and here I was beside real live ones. I ended up not getting home until Weds night at around 9pm because of mistakes an employee made to me. It was the longest trip ever and I was exhausted but glad to finally be back in Toulon.
END OF TRIP
Sorry, that was a long story from my trip but I know some people wanted all the details. I could go on and on with even more details but I wont bore you. Jen's comp is still down so I have no clue when I will get my pics up. Sorry!
We saw:

Boticelli's La Primavera
My favorite painting! Gorgeous!!! It was massive, like the size of the whole wall. Alot of the Renaissance art was huge like that in fact. Again, no words can describe its beauty.

This is Venus, from Boticelli's "The Birth of Venus". She is so beautiful. He really knew how to paint women in all their glory. This whole museum really helped me appreciate the female form and how beautiful it is in all shapes and sizes, especially voluptuous, as all the women in Renaissance art are.
We also saw art by Raphael, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, DaVinci and others. This museum was definitely the highlight of my whole trip. The art was breathtaking and I felt moved after seeing it all. If you ever have the chance to go to Italy, you have to do Florence and have to do the Officio Galleria. We were really disappointed that we had so little time but did look at every painting and saved extra time for the extra special ones.
After that, we headed to the train station around noon. Pavrita left and I found out the next train to Nice, FR was not until midnight. I spent the next 12 hours bored out of my mind inthe train station. I saw many many strange people. I met some nice people on the way and a nun sat beside me at one point. Another time, in the booth beside mine on the train, a troup of gypseys sat down with all their children. They were wild and one kept loudly spanking her toddler. I wish I could have taken a picture of them. All I could think was how, in Canada, the day before for Halloween, there were probably people dressed up as gypseys and here I was beside real live ones. I ended up not getting home until Weds night at around 9pm because of mistakes an employee made to me. It was the longest trip ever and I was exhausted but glad to finally be back in Toulon.
END OF TRIP
Sorry, that was a long story from my trip but I know some people wanted all the details. I could go on and on with even more details but I wont bore you. Jen's comp is still down so I have no clue when I will get my pics up. Sorry!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home