Coming to you from Calgary...
So I made the big move and am now settling in to a 2bdrm apt with Val. I arrived Sept 11 after spending the week before in Saskatoon at my cousin, Margie's, wedding. It was super fun.
I spent my first week unpacking and getting a job. I am now Crave's newest pastry artist. I know its completely random since I have a science degree and no culinary school but my cake decorating courses paid off. Basically I am doing this job to gain actual food preparation experience which will help later to get a food science job. Crave btw, is one of the trendiest shops in Calgary. We sell gourmet cupcakes, cookies and cakes. We often sell out hours before the day is through. People are always lined up on the street waiting to get in at opening. One great perk from this job is that I get to take home free food. I can choose whatever I want before we sell outr every day. I took home a bunch of cupcakes for Val's bday last night. When you all come visit me, I will hook you up with Crave- you won't be disappointed! http://www.cravecookies.com/
Last night, Val and I christened our apt for a 3 purpose party 1. Vals 27th bday 2. Welcome Meghan to Calgary 3. Housewarming.
Several people showed up with bottles of wine for both Val and I, nice! The party was fun even though our laptop speakers never ended up showing up. Around midnight a bunch of us went to Cherry's lounge and another bar that I dont remember the name of. It was fun ;)
Val and I

So guys, the verdict is out... Calgary is fun :D
I spent my first week unpacking and getting a job. I am now Crave's newest pastry artist. I know its completely random since I have a science degree and no culinary school but my cake decorating courses paid off. Basically I am doing this job to gain actual food preparation experience which will help later to get a food science job. Crave btw, is one of the trendiest shops in Calgary. We sell gourmet cupcakes, cookies and cakes. We often sell out hours before the day is through. People are always lined up on the street waiting to get in at opening. One great perk from this job is that I get to take home free food. I can choose whatever I want before we sell outr every day. I took home a bunch of cupcakes for Val's bday last night. When you all come visit me, I will hook you up with Crave- you won't be disappointed! http://www.cravecookies.com/
Last night, Val and I christened our apt for a 3 purpose party 1. Vals 27th bday 2. Welcome Meghan to Calgary 3. Housewarming.
Several people showed up with bottles of wine for both Val and I, nice! The party was fun even though our laptop speakers never ended up showing up. Around midnight a bunch of us went to Cherry's lounge and another bar that I dont remember the name of. It was fun ;)
Val and I
So guys, the verdict is out... Calgary is fun :D


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home