Happy Thanksgiving
Hey Everyone,
Just a let little update to let you know that I am still liking Calgary (umhummmm) :) and that work is going well. Crave is out of control busy and we are working at full capacity but we still cannot keep up with the demand for cupcakes. I worked last Saturday and there was a line up out the door and down the side walk fr 3 solid hours... its beyond belief. The owners have decided to purchase the store front beside us and double the size of our kitchen so that should help a bit. Today I started work at 5am and didnt get a single break until I took 5 mins to grab food at 12:45! Thank goodness all the girls are really awesome and all work together as a team. We had a staff meeting last night and the bosses ordered us Boston Pizza and beer. They apparently give out gifts every month and this month we got Crave belt buckles! They are really cute and have rhinestones on them so its quite funny. Only in Calgary does your employer give out belt buckles!
Tommorow night, Im going out with a bunch of my pastry artist co-workers to a Japanese restaurant, we're having Tabanaki?! (sp) which they all LOVE so that should be a cool experience. Calgarians are crazy about Japanese food, its like all they talk about.
Sunday or Monday Thanksgiving dinner will be held here. Thank goodness I forced mum to give me detailed instructions, which I wrote down, on how to make turkey dinner last yr... I will post pics of my first attempt. I'm really glad my first turkey will be for friends only and not inlaws or something haha. Wish me luck!!!!
Anyway, time to watch Grey's. xoxoxo
Just a let little update to let you know that I am still liking Calgary (umhummmm) :) and that work is going well. Crave is out of control busy and we are working at full capacity but we still cannot keep up with the demand for cupcakes. I worked last Saturday and there was a line up out the door and down the side walk fr 3 solid hours... its beyond belief. The owners have decided to purchase the store front beside us and double the size of our kitchen so that should help a bit. Today I started work at 5am and didnt get a single break until I took 5 mins to grab food at 12:45! Thank goodness all the girls are really awesome and all work together as a team. We had a staff meeting last night and the bosses ordered us Boston Pizza and beer. They apparently give out gifts every month and this month we got Crave belt buckles! They are really cute and have rhinestones on them so its quite funny. Only in Calgary does your employer give out belt buckles!
Tommorow night, Im going out with a bunch of my pastry artist co-workers to a Japanese restaurant, we're having Tabanaki?! (sp) which they all LOVE so that should be a cool experience. Calgarians are crazy about Japanese food, its like all they talk about.
Sunday or Monday Thanksgiving dinner will be held here. Thank goodness I forced mum to give me detailed instructions, which I wrote down, on how to make turkey dinner last yr... I will post pics of my first attempt. I'm really glad my first turkey will be for friends only and not inlaws or something haha. Wish me luck!!!!
Anyway, time to watch Grey's. xoxoxo


1 Comments:
At October 06, 2006 11:40 p.m.,
M-J said…
Have fun with the dinner! Only 2 more weeks and I'll be there!
Post a Comment
<< Home