New News!
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the lack of updates... its been busy to say the least. I have lots of news though. Hmmm where should I start? Well first of all, I got a new job!!! I will be working in the R&D dept of New Food Classics, in their test kitchens. I will be working with food scientists and product developers and I am absolutely dying of excitement because this was my dream but I didnt know if Id be able to do it with just my Nutr degree. Anyway, once I actually started applying for jobs here, the majority interviewed me and offered me positions. Because of that, I had the leverage to negotiate a higher starting wage- oh yeah!
This is the link to New Food Classics . Their website doesnt say much because they do all private label work but if you are really curious, check it out. They have 3 plants in AB and Sask and they do all meat products. Their R&D dept develops all the burgers for A&W, many President's Choice frozen foods, and appetizers for The Keg to name a few. I just had a message on my phone from HR at Coca-Cola... too bad I already accepted this other job because that could have been a cool one too. My new job is going to be great because its Mon-Fri 8-4. I will finally be able to live like a normal person again!!
The other big change in my life is in the form of a dude. Thats right, I have a new bf ;) His name is Thomas and he's going to school here at UofC. Hes doing a double degree in Engineering and Economics. Hes smart and tall and very sweet. He was born in the same hospital as me in Saskatchewan! Weird eh?
He invited me to the big Calgary Stampeders/Sask RoughRiders football playoff game a few weeks ago with all his friends. It was crazy crazy! We were in the Rider fan section and the all the fans were dressed up... and I mean all of them. It was a little last minute for me so his friends put me in a John Deer green jacket which is pretty funny. hehe Then we won and it was amazing :)
I will post a pic of Thomas and I as soon as I have one.
Last weekend, Thomas and I went to Telus World of Science. Ahhh I love science centers. We had lots of fun of course and saw a scary movie about tornados, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions in the dome theatre there. When we went to leave, we saw a cracked out man and his friend run across a few lanes of traffic in front of an SUV. The driver of the SUV of course honked at the man and so the man got mad and started beating the SUV. The SUV driver was smart and drove away but by this time, the man was not only cracked out but angry. He finished crossing the street and turned back to look where he came from (where we were, on the other side of the street). He started yelling at Thomas and I like we were doing something wrong and then the dudes started coming towards us and freaking at us. When they started trying to run, I decided I wanted to run back in to the science center and so we did and let the security guard deal with them. Unfortunately, the main dude was Native and it totally played up all the negative stereotypes here. ughh That was freaky.
The day before that, I was coming home from work at Crave and I saw a poor young girl who Im pretty sure was a prostitute with the dirtiest man ever. He didnt even have a car, he was taking her home on the C-train! She was shaking from withdrawl I assume. He pointed to a condom ad on the ceiling and told he they would need one of those later, it was absolutely disgusting. I felt so bad for her and she kept looking at me but I didnt know how to help her.
oooh, the other big thing that has happened is that MJ came to visit!!!!! I was soo excited and Im excited for her to come again (or move here, which ever happens first :D ). Aimes, MJ and I tried to find a good club to dance to Maneater... that was all we were asking for. Many different people gave me bad advice and sent us to Ranchmans which is a fun bar but they didnt play a single non-country song all night. Finally we convinced the DJ to play Sexyback. A very old cowboy wanted to dance with Amy, hahaha. She looked scared. Here we are before Ranchmans. Val gave us backstage access to the high jump tower at Canada Olympic Park, the highest point in Calgary. We had an awesome view.
None of my pics will load on this piece of crap so I apologise but I will post some asap.
I hope you are all doing well. xoxoxo
Sorry for the lack of updates... its been busy to say the least. I have lots of news though. Hmmm where should I start? Well first of all, I got a new job!!! I will be working in the R&D dept of New Food Classics, in their test kitchens. I will be working with food scientists and product developers and I am absolutely dying of excitement because this was my dream but I didnt know if Id be able to do it with just my Nutr degree. Anyway, once I actually started applying for jobs here, the majority interviewed me and offered me positions. Because of that, I had the leverage to negotiate a higher starting wage- oh yeah!
This is the link to New Food Classics . Their website doesnt say much because they do all private label work but if you are really curious, check it out. They have 3 plants in AB and Sask and they do all meat products. Their R&D dept develops all the burgers for A&W, many President's Choice frozen foods, and appetizers for The Keg to name a few. I just had a message on my phone from HR at Coca-Cola... too bad I already accepted this other job because that could have been a cool one too. My new job is going to be great because its Mon-Fri 8-4. I will finally be able to live like a normal person again!!
The other big change in my life is in the form of a dude. Thats right, I have a new bf ;) His name is Thomas and he's going to school here at UofC. Hes doing a double degree in Engineering and Economics. Hes smart and tall and very sweet. He was born in the same hospital as me in Saskatchewan! Weird eh?
He invited me to the big Calgary Stampeders/Sask RoughRiders football playoff game a few weeks ago with all his friends. It was crazy crazy! We were in the Rider fan section and the all the fans were dressed up... and I mean all of them. It was a little last minute for me so his friends put me in a John Deer green jacket which is pretty funny. hehe Then we won and it was amazing :)
I will post a pic of Thomas and I as soon as I have one.
Last weekend, Thomas and I went to Telus World of Science. Ahhh I love science centers. We had lots of fun of course and saw a scary movie about tornados, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions in the dome theatre there. When we went to leave, we saw a cracked out man and his friend run across a few lanes of traffic in front of an SUV. The driver of the SUV of course honked at the man and so the man got mad and started beating the SUV. The SUV driver was smart and drove away but by this time, the man was not only cracked out but angry. He finished crossing the street and turned back to look where he came from (where we were, on the other side of the street). He started yelling at Thomas and I like we were doing something wrong and then the dudes started coming towards us and freaking at us. When they started trying to run, I decided I wanted to run back in to the science center and so we did and let the security guard deal with them. Unfortunately, the main dude was Native and it totally played up all the negative stereotypes here. ughh That was freaky.
The day before that, I was coming home from work at Crave and I saw a poor young girl who Im pretty sure was a prostitute with the dirtiest man ever. He didnt even have a car, he was taking her home on the C-train! She was shaking from withdrawl I assume. He pointed to a condom ad on the ceiling and told he they would need one of those later, it was absolutely disgusting. I felt so bad for her and she kept looking at me but I didnt know how to help her.
oooh, the other big thing that has happened is that MJ came to visit!!!!! I was soo excited and Im excited for her to come again (or move here, which ever happens first :D ). Aimes, MJ and I tried to find a good club to dance to Maneater... that was all we were asking for. Many different people gave me bad advice and sent us to Ranchmans which is a fun bar but they didnt play a single non-country song all night. Finally we convinced the DJ to play Sexyback. A very old cowboy wanted to dance with Amy, hahaha. She looked scared. Here we are before Ranchmans. Val gave us backstage access to the high jump tower at Canada Olympic Park, the highest point in Calgary. We had an awesome view.
None of my pics will load on this piece of crap so I apologise but I will post some asap.
I hope you are all doing well. xoxoxo


2 Comments:
At November 22, 2006 6:45 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hi Meghan!
So excited for your new job! I am also working in the food science industry in new product development, so if you need any help getting adjusted please let me know. There was definitely a "language" barrier when I started, but it all irons out in the end!
Best of luck! Melissa Bogle :)
At November 22, 2006 11:41 p.m.,
M-J said…
Congrats again on your new job! And hopefully I will go back/move there soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home