update for the week
Hey everyone,
This week has gone by slowly. Nothing too exciting has happened though I have been told for the 2nd time that I look like Bridget Jones by young students- they think its a compliment, hahaha I laugh every time.
Last night we went out for Kristin's bday supper. We went to a tex-mex resto. It was good but they didn't know what quesadillas were. I made Kristin a bday cake which we had after supper. I tried to make boiled frosting but I realised I didnt have an electric mixer to whip the eggs so I had to do it all by hand. Soo tiring! It didn't get as fluffy as it normally would but I still liked it.
The weather here in Toulon is getting frightfully cold! I am always cold and I have to keep my face covered outside. It even snowed 15km away from here but it melted before it hit the ground of course.
I realised that the music that is coming out of the Christmas decorations around the city is always hip hop/ dance music. It just doesnt go with all the old ladies pushing carts around filled with baguettes.
Tonight I am going to celebrate American Thanksgiving with Sarah, Kristin and Sarah's sis. Should be gooda.
The comp is finally fixed so I can hopefully post some pics from my trip this weekend!
Have a good one!
This week has gone by slowly. Nothing too exciting has happened though I have been told for the 2nd time that I look like Bridget Jones by young students- they think its a compliment, hahaha I laugh every time.
Last night we went out for Kristin's bday supper. We went to a tex-mex resto. It was good but they didn't know what quesadillas were. I made Kristin a bday cake which we had after supper. I tried to make boiled frosting but I realised I didnt have an electric mixer to whip the eggs so I had to do it all by hand. Soo tiring! It didn't get as fluffy as it normally would but I still liked it.
The weather here in Toulon is getting frightfully cold! I am always cold and I have to keep my face covered outside. It even snowed 15km away from here but it melted before it hit the ground of course.
I realised that the music that is coming out of the Christmas decorations around the city is always hip hop/ dance music. It just doesnt go with all the old ladies pushing carts around filled with baguettes.
Tonight I am going to celebrate American Thanksgiving with Sarah, Kristin and Sarah's sis. Should be gooda.
The comp is finally fixed so I can hopefully post some pics from my trip this weekend!
Have a good one!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home