Pics from my weekend
Saturday, myself and some other assistants decided to go on an excursion to La Seyne Sur Mer, a neighboring town.

We took the ferryboat over. This is a pic of us and Toulon in the background.

Next we visited the Christmas Market. It was a bunch of little houses, covered in fake snow selling stuff from local artisans. We drank some hot spiced wine, mmm. The two people on both sides of me are German and they said in Germany people usually drink 4-5 glasses of hot wine when they go to their xmas markets. The wine was like hot apple cider except it was wine.

At the market, we saw this little parade of people. I have no idea why they were there but they were cute.

Later that night, Kristin and Sarah dragged me to a party. I was sleeping and they gave me 10mins to get ready so looked tired all night but I am glad I went. I met some fun new people like Renee and Louisa. Renee is Mexican and Luisa is Columbian.

Luisa put on her traditional outfit and did a little dance for us.

Next, I have a pic of one of the little streets I sometimes walk through on my way to work. Note the Christmas decorations!

Now that its Christmas time, there are new vendors at the market selling candied fruit. Here is one of their colorful tables.

We took the ferryboat over. This is a pic of us and Toulon in the background.

Next we visited the Christmas Market. It was a bunch of little houses, covered in fake snow selling stuff from local artisans. We drank some hot spiced wine, mmm. The two people on both sides of me are German and they said in Germany people usually drink 4-5 glasses of hot wine when they go to their xmas markets. The wine was like hot apple cider except it was wine.

At the market, we saw this little parade of people. I have no idea why they were there but they were cute.

Later that night, Kristin and Sarah dragged me to a party. I was sleeping and they gave me 10mins to get ready so looked tired all night but I am glad I went. I met some fun new people like Renee and Louisa. Renee is Mexican and Luisa is Columbian.

Luisa put on her traditional outfit and did a little dance for us.

Next, I have a pic of one of the little streets I sometimes walk through on my way to work. Note the Christmas decorations!

Now that its Christmas time, there are new vendors at the market selling candied fruit. Here is one of their colorful tables.


1 Comments:
At December 14, 2005 3:28 a.m.,
Kirk Emery said…
That food looks good. But, as a nutritionist, are you not wary of buying from these vendors? They dont seem to have any 'sneeze guards' protecting the produce from the people with colds.
Post a Comment
<< Home