Megs in Calgary

All about me and my crazy experiences living and working in Calgary.

Monday, November 28, 2005

A little lesson on French culture

So I got this texto from a guy I met on Weds night. He isnt my type but he was really nice and fun so when he wanted to exhange numbers for next we all ahng out, I didnt object. After that he kept asking if I wanted to date him and his friend but when I said no, they asked why, was I gay? This weekend he called me 5 times, all video calls so I stopped answering his calls. Heres the texto he sent me yesterday. (warning, i typed it exactly the way I got it)

" I Meg.i hope u fine.. Me,i'm cool. So try 2 call u saturday,but maybe u don't wanna answer me.cause like a movie star,u taked the"big head", cause here too many boys run after u. In da future.when u don't want anybody disturb u,just don't give out your number.. 22, that's true,mentally here it's 2 young.. "

So basically, it seems he thinks I am full of myself because I dont want to date him and that at 22yrs of age, I am immature. (hes 25)

Roomie suggested I put a fake number in my phone to give out next time. I decided to start giving out a plumbers number. Roomie said this is not an uncommon way for a guy to react. Its sure taking me a long time to get used to these types of difference!

5 Comments:

  • At December 06, 2005 3:24 p.m., Blogger M-J said…

    Yikes! Hopefully he leaves you alone.

     
  • At December 10, 2005 10:08 a.m., Blogger Danimal said…

    Sacre bleu! There's no need to poke fun at someone's head size! that's just cruel. so how's the big-head movie star life over there?

     
  • At December 14, 2005 3:31 a.m., Blogger Kirk Emery said…

    Jeepers! I'd be scared if I were you. That guy sounds totally thug with his use of words such as 'da'. I bet he listens to an old vanilla ice album everynight before bed and tries to memorize the American ganstar lingo.

    You might consider replying with something like this..."watch yo bak, foo! b4 me home dawgs get all up in yer thang!"

     
  • At December 15, 2005 3:39 p.m., Blogger Meghan said…

    Its funny you guys mentioned his use of "da" and ghetto talk cause he is actually Black- not that that means anything :)

    The movie star life is great except it sucks that I have to keep acting the role of stuck up blond b*tch. Or at least thats how these boys make me feel when I politely turn them down. Someone please bring me back to Canada where most guys run at the mere mention of a relationship.

     
  • At December 15, 2005 3:41 p.m., Blogger Meghan said…

    woah, you are too good Kirk. When I asked the dude how he learned to speak English so well, he said it was from listening to songs, hiphop to be exact!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home