TGIF
Well its Friday and I have one class left before I start my 3 day weekend.
Wednesday of this week was the first week of the "soldes" here in France. What that means is that twice a year, the government allows merchants to put their wares on sale. Its basically like Boxing Day sales except in mid-Jan. Stores are not allowed to reduce prices (ie. have sales) on items any other time of the year. It was a wonderful time!!! Most stores are 50% off, some even more. I have found clothes, makeup and all kinds of other fun things to buy. I bought some of Jessica Simpsons dessert line of lipgloss at Sephora, its sooo tasty. Sephora's solde items are referred to as "sexy prices- which I find funny. Its sad that I have baggage limits to consider when buying things because there are just soooo many things I want to buy. Another sad thing is that I still have not found a single pair of size 42 (size 11 sounds so much worse in Euro sizes) shoes.
I am having lots of fun living with the girls. Every night we try new recipes out of a Linda McCartney vegetarian cookbook (none of us like to cook meat). Last night I made chickpea curry, mmmm. Tommorow I am going to get fit! Kristin and I and maybe Sarah are becoming gym members. There is even a pool at this gym so it should help fill our spare time.
My classes are going well. Most of my students have now learned that Santa Claus is not spelled 'Santa Cloth' and my barmen can know take orders in English. Yesterday, their teacher taught them how to make layered drinks that look like country flags- he said Canada was too hard so they made France and Italy.
Thanks for all the emails! I am happy that so many people actually read this!
Well good weekends to you all. Its Mexican Omar's bday on Saturday. He said we will celebrate like real Mexicans and drink tequila, :)
PS. I have no clue at all when I will be able to put up pics now that I am personal computerless. I am trying to figure something out.
Wednesday of this week was the first week of the "soldes" here in France. What that means is that twice a year, the government allows merchants to put their wares on sale. Its basically like Boxing Day sales except in mid-Jan. Stores are not allowed to reduce prices (ie. have sales) on items any other time of the year. It was a wonderful time!!! Most stores are 50% off, some even more. I have found clothes, makeup and all kinds of other fun things to buy. I bought some of Jessica Simpsons dessert line of lipgloss at Sephora, its sooo tasty. Sephora's solde items are referred to as "sexy prices- which I find funny. Its sad that I have baggage limits to consider when buying things because there are just soooo many things I want to buy. Another sad thing is that I still have not found a single pair of size 42 (size 11 sounds so much worse in Euro sizes) shoes.
I am having lots of fun living with the girls. Every night we try new recipes out of a Linda McCartney vegetarian cookbook (none of us like to cook meat). Last night I made chickpea curry, mmmm. Tommorow I am going to get fit! Kristin and I and maybe Sarah are becoming gym members. There is even a pool at this gym so it should help fill our spare time.
My classes are going well. Most of my students have now learned that Santa Claus is not spelled 'Santa Cloth' and my barmen can know take orders in English. Yesterday, their teacher taught them how to make layered drinks that look like country flags- he said Canada was too hard so they made France and Italy.
Thanks for all the emails! I am happy that so many people actually read this!
Well good weekends to you all. Its Mexican Omar's bday on Saturday. He said we will celebrate like real Mexicans and drink tequila, :)
PS. I have no clue at all when I will be able to put up pics now that I am personal computerless. I am trying to figure something out.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home