I have a new home!
I found an apt! Its neither of the ones I was debating over before though. Its a 19m cubed studio and I am quite excited to move in. I cant do that until Feb 1 though so I am sticking around with the girls till then! Its very close to their apt, work and the market so I am very pleased!
I finally found shoes! I realised that one store carries Italian shoes not French shoes so the sizes are bigger. I bought 2 pairs. I am relieved. The only problem is that I wore one of the pairs for the first time of Thursday when I was walking all over the city looking at apts between my classes. I got so many blisters and they STILL hurt! I have been forced to wear my flipflops around which incite stare after stare from the French.
We went to the Bar a Thyme last night and the Shannon pub earlier in the week. I like Bar a Thyme better but its such a long walk to get there. The live music last night at the bar wasnt as good as usual.
Hmmm I really cannot think of anything else new and exciting. Sarah and I have yet to make plans for the weekend.
Oh, this is kinda funny. One of my teachers told me that I have to take a "French lover" while I am here because they are the best kind. I have been too sacred to ask why this is so important but as soon as I find out, I will let you all know. All I know is that relationships are tres different here. After one little peck (bisou) at a bar, the boy thinks you are bf and gf. They really do LOVE having gfs and have no probs at all with committment. Isnt that a huge stretch from the average boy in North America?
anyway, time to go home and check on my flan, hehe. I am not a great French woman. My first attempt at the flan resulted in milk with chunks of chocolate goop. This one looks a little better. I better go see.
I finally found shoes! I realised that one store carries Italian shoes not French shoes so the sizes are bigger. I bought 2 pairs. I am relieved. The only problem is that I wore one of the pairs for the first time of Thursday when I was walking all over the city looking at apts between my classes. I got so many blisters and they STILL hurt! I have been forced to wear my flipflops around which incite stare after stare from the French.
We went to the Bar a Thyme last night and the Shannon pub earlier in the week. I like Bar a Thyme better but its such a long walk to get there. The live music last night at the bar wasnt as good as usual.
Hmmm I really cannot think of anything else new and exciting. Sarah and I have yet to make plans for the weekend.
Oh, this is kinda funny. One of my teachers told me that I have to take a "French lover" while I am here because they are the best kind. I have been too sacred to ask why this is so important but as soon as I find out, I will let you all know. All I know is that relationships are tres different here. After one little peck (bisou) at a bar, the boy thinks you are bf and gf. They really do LOVE having gfs and have no probs at all with committment. Isnt that a huge stretch from the average boy in North America?
anyway, time to go home and check on my flan, hehe. I am not a great French woman. My first attempt at the flan resulted in milk with chunks of chocolate goop. This one looks a little better. I better go see.


2 Comments:
At January 28, 2006 3:48 a.m.,
M-J said…
Congrats on your new home...I really hope I can come and visit before you have to come back. And I also hope you take a french lover too, hehe.
xoxox
At January 29, 2006 2:29 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hi Sweetheart
I find your Blog tres interesting! What is this talk about "a French lover"?
Our kitchen cabinets are now history. I will begin construction this week on the new ones.
love dad
Post a Comment
<< Home