Megs in Calgary

All about me and my crazy experiences living and working in Calgary.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

giggle giggle giggle

Never giggle in front of a computer in an internet cafe. Tonight I went out determined to work on cover letters and resumes for the real job I am going to have to come home to. I first read my email which like always, I found funny because I love you all and miss you so much that when I read your news I giggle. French people have such a different sense of humor that all your Canadian stuff is hilarious to me (especially Kirk). I was just reading an email from Dad and couldnt help but you guessed it- giggle. The dude beside me kept asking me if I always laughed to myself and I said yes which made me laugh more. Then he turned to me and asked if I wanted to talk to him on MSN sometime. I said no thanks, that I was never on but then he said he found me charming and that he couldnt resist asking. That just made me laugh even more because I purposely wore no makeup and didnt do my hair to try to detract attention but apparently nothing will do. I am going to miss all this unwanted attention when I get back home!

Soooo this weekend, hmm. It was a calm one. Very calm, like my highlights were going to the market, church (ill tell you about that in a bit) and flipping the switches on the switchboard in my apt to make my stove work. Apparently, if I turn on one certain burner, it shuts off all the power in my kitchen.

So, Church. I went for the first time to a real morning service today. I noticed when I walked in that it is a Pentecostal church, though not in the sense that anyone growing up in Sussex would expect (long hair and skirts) but in a more evangelical sense. The girl I go with, Luisa, warned me when I went in that they do "weird things when praying" excuse her english vocab, english is her 2nd language. We got in and sang a bit and then they opened the floor up to prayer. After 50 mins of random people shouting out prayers in different langauges it finally ended. It was really different than anything I have experienced but new experiences are cool. In the end the service was almost 3 hrs and I went home and had a nice nap because thats like 3 church services back at home for me and I was tired! I was lulled to sleep by blaring Tunisian music, it was lovely, hehe.

I was thinking about what I wrote about the cockroaches, I havent found any in 2 days so thats a good sign. Really nobody needs to worry because if they come to French Riviera, they are going to see one no matter where they are and this is where the celebs like to vacation so see, its really not that bad:)

I have LOTS more to say but like usual, now that I am in front of the comp, i cannot at all remember. Keep sending your updates, they are lots of fun to read. xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home